Tuesday, March 07, 2006

News of what I’m doing…


I am embarking on a trip to Peru, lasting for four months with an organisation called Latin Link. Latin Link is an interdenominational evangelical organisation committed to mission in Latin America. I am going with a team of 10 people all from different backgrounds but all of us committed to serving the Lord Jesus Christ and his work in Peru. We will be part of two different projects whilst in Peru. Firstly we shall be going to Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru, to work alongside a local Church helping to build another storey on the Church building to provide space for more children’s work. We will also be helping with the running of Church activities, such as children’s clubs and evangelism in the community. Our second project is in a place called Huaraz, where will shall split and half of the team will be helping with a project for abandoned street children in the town. The other half will be working in a remote village (11,800ft above sea level) working to improve the Church building there, including building a toilet block. Obviously I will be able to give more details once I am out there, and please do let me know if you would like to know more about where I am going, why I am going and how to support me.

Things to pray for...
  • A big thank you to God for providing the money I need to complete this trip, its great to see His providence at work in such a practical way. And thank you so much to anyone who contributed towards my total cost. Thank you.
  • Having met my team last week I was really encouraged by them and became really excited about being in Peru with them and spending time together. Please pray that we would continue getting on really well and gel as a team, pray that we would stay focused on what we are there to do; namely to encourage Peruvian Christians and show lost souls the way to salvation.
  • Pray particularly for Tom, a member of our team none of us have met yet, he will be meeting us in Peru as he is in New Zealand at the moment. Pray that he would quickly settle into the team, that we would be welcoming and that he would really feel part of the team straight away.
  • Practical arrangements such as; all getting to the airport safely, safe flight to Peru, meeting our coordinator in Lima, travel to our first project in Arequipa. Pray that we would be protected from serious illnesses that could hinder the work we will be doing, and that we would quickly settle in to a different way of life and feel at ease so that we are able to get on with what we are there to do.
  • Pray that we would all be protected from serious homesickness, moderate homesickness is inevitable but it would be awful if someone so missed life here that they became miserable in Peru.
  • Pray that my current excitement would continue and that I would stay just as excited about growing in knowledge and love of my Saviour. It is such a great opportunity I have to be spending time with Christians of all ages and races, and pray that I would really use the opportunity not only to learn from but to be able to teach and love the Latin American’s I meet.

Contact information:

For the first 2 months I will be available at:
Apartado97
Arequipa
PERU
At the second project (I shall let you know exact dates nearer the time) my address will be:
Grupo Step
Jr. Carlos Valenzuela Guardia 1265
Restauracion
Huaraz
Ancash
PERU
It would be fantastic to receive letters, and also I shall be available throughout at my email: milliestyles@hotmail.co.uk
. Do also check out the Latin Link website which will have weekly reports of what we’re up to: www.stepteams.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home